Our achievements so far have enabled us to the following:
- Funded the first International Conference on Science and Medicine on Generalised Lymphatic Anomaly (Lymphangiomatosis) and Gorham’s Disease. This was held in June 2013 and was attended by medical and research professionals from around the world.
- In May 2014, we granted $8,286 (£5,000) to the Lymphangiomatosis and Gorham’s Disease Alliance towards a patient conference in Dallas where 40 families from around the world attended the conference to hear presentations by 16 doctors, scientists and researchers.
- In June 2014, £6250 was granted to Great Ormond Street Hospital in London to part-fund initial genetic research into Lymphangiomatosis.
- £13,886.82 was granted to the (LGDA) to:
- Maintain and expand the LGDA’s International Patient Registry , and
- Hire a full-time Director of Patient Programs/Registry Coordinator for 1 year.