This is the time of year when the LGDA focuses on two major events.
Our annual #LGDAwareness Day on May 26 and the Million Dollar Bike Ride.
Through our social media channels, you will have seen that the Million Dollar Bike was due to take place on the 13th of June in Philadelphia. Due to the recent COVIC-19 outbreak, and social distancing, the Orphan Disease Center decided to host a VIRTUAl Million Dollar Bike Ride instead of gathering face to face. This has given us the opportunity to go GLOBAL!
How do I get involved?
- Choose your distance of 13, 34 or 72 miles – with social distancing and limited time outside, the distances can be completed over a period of time, as long as you are finished by 13th June.
Self-isolating and can’t go out – this can be done on a stationary bike. Cover the miles from the comfort of your own home.
- Whether you are on your stationary bike or on the road – become part of Team LGDA. Join others and track your progress by joining us on Strava Team LGDA.
- Share your pictures/videos through our social media channels using the hashtags #LGDAwareness, #TeamLGDA, #LGDAReachingForACure, #PennMedMDBR2020
- Share your own fundraising page or the Team LGDA donation page with friends and family and ask them for a small donation to encourage you to complete your challenge and to help us reach our $30,000 target.
How do I register for the Virtual Event?
UK event registration is done when you set up your fundraising page or join Team LGDA-UK. Simply make a donation of £20 to your own page.
Fundraising Page Set Up
There is a team page set up for TeamLGDA-UK and we would love to have more people join us. Send an email to and we will send you an invite to join the Team.
If you prefer to set up your own individual fundraising page but still link to the MDBR event, click here MDBR Event
- Get cycling – begin today and start clocking up the miles. You have until 13th June to complete.
- Get sharing – spread the word. Don’t forget to tell friends and family what you are doing
- Get posting – share your photos and videos as you go
- Have fun – use this opportunity to do something positive and have a daily focus
Can I help without registering for the MDBR?
Yes, of course, you can. Read on.
- Simply donate. Every penny makes a huge difference. Here is the link to donate. If you live in the EU, please donate using this link donate.
- Choose a different activity to do and raise money. It doesn’t have to be a sporting activity Choose something that you enjoy and can do while social distancing or self-isolating. Complete a large jigsaw puzzle in a day, shave your hair off, go without coffee, wine or sugar for a week.
Get the kids involved – skip around the garden, bounce on the trampoline, score as many goals as you can in so many hours? The crazier the activity the better.
- Your fundraiser can still be linked to the MDBR with 100% of the funds raised going into the research fund. Click on the link to set up your Fundraising Page
- Make sure you share your page with family and friends and ask them for a small donation to encourage you to complete your challenge. Post any pictures and videos taken of your challenge, using the hashtags #LGDAwareness, #TeamLGDA, #LGDAReachingForACure #PennMedMDBR2020
If you have any questions please get in touch.