Alfie’s Trust is excited to be entering a team for the Aberdeen and Deeside Kiltwalk in June 2015.

There are two walks to choose from, an 8-mile route or a 26-mile marathon. Both are along the Deeside Way and end with a celebration at Potarch. 26-milers start at the Duthie Park, 8-mile walkers start in Banchory. Children over 5 years of age can tackle the 8-mile walk as long as they’re accompanied by an adult, and the 26-mile route is open to over-13s (adults must accompany all under-15s). Taking place on Sunday 7th June, we can be certain of glorious weather! For more information about the event go to http://www.thekiltwalk.co.uk/events-fundraising/events/29-aberdeen-kiltwalk-2015.

All Kiltwalkers are asked to raise a minimum of £200 (£50 for under-16s), with proceeds being split between a number of Scottish childrens’ causes. The good news for Alfie’s Trust is that if we have a team of 20 or more, we receive up to 75% of the sum raised by our walkers, with the remaining 25% passed to the official Kiltwalk charity partners.

Registration is now open, please contact on how to join Team Alfie. If you register before 31st December there’s a £5 discount for the 26-mile walk making the fee just £20 (plus additional £1.50 administration surcharge). The adult fee for the 8-mile walk is £10.80, and for children (born between 01/06/98 and 01/06/09) it’s £5.30.

We’d be delighted to welcome you onto our team, please join us and look out for news about an exciting partnership for Alfie’s Trust and our Kiltwalkers.